- alabama amateur radio antitronics antitronics nycresistor makerbot arduino ares arrl Baofeng bjhs disaster documentary film earthquake emcomm flying monkey Gigapan hamradio ham radio immigration Japan linux maker MakerBot martin sheen nyc resistor planetubuntu red cross sdr softrock tornado ubuntu ubuntu-hams ubuntu-kernel ubuntu linux uds
- RT @SpcPlcyOnline: Bolden wants all NASA employees to share what they do w/public but they ask what charge code to use or have to do on own… 17 hours ago
- RT @hystericalblkns: "The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." James Baldwin 19 hours ago
- RT @amontalenti: Finally! Google has removed the silly Google+ requirement from the Google Hangouts videoconferencing product. http://t.co/… 19 hours ago
- Because you could easily exhibit four of the symptoms in reaction to a screwed up family situation 21 hours ago
- #randomthought Are there stats for the number of boys vs. girls diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder? bit.ly/1tti2uT 21 hours ago
- Ubuntu File System Benchmarking
- Baofeng Packet Radio Adventures
- Politics – Things we can agree on, and discovering a method
- Antenna modeling, part 2
- Antenna modeling using nec2c on Ubuntu Linux
- I feel like I found an easter egg!
- Amateur radio operators: How to prepare to assist in disasters
- Crowdsourcing incentives, and applications for open source communities
- Would you like to help after the next disaster?
Tag Archives: hamradio
Here’s another first-person account of April 27th and after, with some really informative links to some weather resources about the event.
Note that this was rescheduled due to me being busy with disaster recovery. We can talk about that, too if anyone is interested. – Please join us on Friday, May 6th at 14:00 UTC for: Ubuntu and Amateur (Ham) Radio … Continue reading
I’m transitioning from the last week of disaster recovery back to my ‘normal’ working days, and wanted to dump a sort of record of events here before I forget. I have other posts planned, about how to prepare if you … Continue reading
Please join us on Tuesday, May 3rd at 16:00 UTC for: Ubuntu and Amateur (Ham) Radio for Ubuntu Open Week Steve Conklin AI4QR, and Kamal Mostafa KA6MAL Curious about what you can do with Amateur Radio and Ubuntu? Curious about … Continue reading
White Star plans to launch a transatlantic balloon flight attempt at 0000 UTC (Thursday evening for most of the US). If you’re a ham operator set up for digital modes, you can monitor the telemetry transmissions on the 40m band … Continue reading