Tagsalabama amateur radio antitronics antitronics nycresistor makerbot arduino ares arrl bjhs disaster documentary film earthquake emcomm flying monkey Gigapan hamradio ham radio immigration Japan linux maker MakerBot martin sheen nyc resistor planetubuntu red cross sdr softrock tornado ubuntu ubuntu-hams ubuntu-kernel ubuntu linux uds
- Srsly #delta? Charge for extra legroom then fill the space under the forward seat with some equipment? 6 months ago
- RT @rikkiends: “@slfisher: As a single mom, I pledge not to give my daughter an AK-47.” Amen. 7 months ago
- Real ways to make money using computers and the Internet wp.me/p1k1fj-2zX3hg 10 months ago
- Updates on my knit machine hacking. The FTDI Friend from @adafruit made it much easier to do. antitronics.com/?p=215 1 year ago
- RT @HMCEMA: Storm Spotter Class for Madison Co. Tuesday March 6 at the Space & Rocket Ctr Educator Training Facility 6-8PM. Free & no re ... 1 year ago
- Politics – Things we can agree on, and discovering a method
- Antenna modeling, part 2
- Antenna modeling using nec2c on Ubuntu Linux
- I feel like I found an easter egg!
- Amateur radio operators: How to prepare to assist in disasters
- Crowdsourcing incentives, and applications for open source communities
- Would you like to help after the next disaster?
- Hams and the responsibility to educate
- How to prepare for your family for the next Disaster
- Another first-person account of the tornado event here
Tag Archives: ubuntu-hams
New Thing! Video! I’ve been playing with antenna modeling, and decided to make a video series introducing this to other people who may be interested. I’m new to this, but I think it came out pretty well. I only misspoke … Continue reading
Note that this was rescheduled due to me being busy with disaster recovery. We can talk about that, too if anyone is interested. – Please join us on Friday, May 6th at 14:00 UTC for: Ubuntu and Amateur (Ham) Radio … Continue reading
I’m transitioning from the last week of disaster recovery back to my ‘normal’ working days, and wanted to dump a sort of record of events here before I forget. I have other posts planned, about how to prepare if you … Continue reading
Please join us on Tuesday, May 3rd at 16:00 UTC for: Ubuntu and Amateur (Ham) Radio for Ubuntu Open Week Steve Conklin AI4QR, and Kamal Mostafa KA6MAL Curious about what you can do with Amateur Radio and Ubuntu? Curious about … Continue reading
Continuing my exploration of SDR and the Softrock RX/TX Ensemble … You can catch the beginning of those posts here. The programmable oscillator on the softrock runs (in my case) at four times the desired mixer frequency. My unit is … Continue reading
At this point, since Ubuntu is beginning to look like a really viable alternative OS, the next big issue is whether it will support the ham radio applications that we want to run. Fortunately, the answer to this question is — yes it will.
At this point, since Ubuntu is beginning to look like a really viable alternative OS, the next big issue is whether it will support the ham radio applications that we want to run. Fortunately, the answer to this question is … Continue reading