New Thing! Video!
I’ve been playing with antenna modeling, and decided to make a video series introducing this to other people who may be interested.
I’m new to this, but I think it came out pretty well. I only misspoke a couple of times, but it will probably only be noticed by the technical pedants (I count myself among these).
The first episode covers the basic user interface and some basic concepts. I already have plans to make more episodes, possibly with these topics:
- Basic data input file format for xnec2c
- Antenna tuning, resonance
- Single band beam antennas, more elements for more directivity
- The dB (Decibel) – as a unit AND a referenced quantity
- SWR – what it is, why it matters, and when it doesn’t
- How antenna height affects gain and impedance
- How to model traps in xnec2c
- Near field analysis – why do you need it and what does it mean?
I need to figure out where to place show notes for these, as there are a lot of good information sources about these topics on the internet already, and I need to reference those in each episode. I’ll get smoother at all that.
For the first episode, here’s how you can fetch the example files:
git clone email@example.com:sconklin/Antenna-Modeling.git
And here’s the embedded episode: