- alabama amateur radio antitronics antitronics nycresistor makerbot arduino ares arrl Baofeng bjhs disaster documentary film earthquake emcomm flying monkey Gigapan hamradio ham radio immigration Japan linux maker MakerBot martin sheen nyc resistor planetubuntu red cross sdr softrock tornado ubuntu ubuntu-hams ubuntu-kernel ubuntu linux uds
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Ubuntu File System Benchmarking
- Baofeng Packet Radio Adventures
- Politics – Things we can agree on, and discovering a method
- Antenna modeling, part 2
- Antenna modeling using nec2c on Ubuntu Linux
- I feel like I found an easter egg!
- Amateur radio operators: How to prepare to assist in disasters
- Crowdsourcing incentives, and applications for open source communities
- Would you like to help after the next disaster?
Author Archives: Steve
I’ve been working to implement file system benchmarking as part of the test process that the kernel team applies to every kernel update. These are intended to help us spot performance issues. The following announcement I just sent to … Continue reading
Recently, I decided to set up packet radio capability for my station. This is primarily in order to be able to reach the local Winlink Radio Message Server (RMS) gateway and have email access when power and/or internet are down, … Continue reading
No really? Have I abandoned this blog for that long? I’ve been posting updates on projects and such to g+, but that’s not very discoverable, so I think I’ll come back here and post about some longer-form topics.
Larry Lessig is a brilliant guy. Lately he’s been focusing on things that Americans across the political spectrum can agree on. I think that this keynote he gave recently is worth the hour it takes to watch. I strongly encourage … Continue reading
Disclaimer: I’m going to start using Amazon affiliate links for books that I recommend. I’ve prepared another video about how to use xnec2c. Here’s the link to the video on blip.tv This one begins to explain the input file format … Continue reading
New Thing! Video! I’ve been playing with antenna modeling, and decided to make a video series introducing this to other people who may be interested. I’m new to this, but I think it came out pretty well. I only misspoke … Continue reading