- alabama amateur radio antitronics antitronics nycresistor makerbot arduino ares arrl Baofeng bjhs disaster documentary film earthquake emcomm flying monkey Gigapan hamradio ham radio immigration Japan linux maker MakerBot martin sheen nyc resistor planetubuntu red cross sdr softrock tornado ubuntu ubuntu-hams ubuntu-kernel ubuntu linux uds
- RT @ValaAfshar: Retweet this second https://t.co/pcAwOlbBui 2 hours ago
- RT @ValaAfshar: Retweet this first https://t.co/6UU32MP4AV 2 hours ago
- “She’s nasty, but I can be nastier than she ever can be,” Mr. Trump said. Oh the subtext in calling a woman 'Nasty'. nytimes.com/2016/10/01/us/… 7 hours ago
- I made an #OpenQuestion for the next debate. Check it out and upvote it, please! presidentialopenquestions.com/questions/9436… 7 hours ago
- RT @grmpyprogrammer: Nobody thinks they need a code of conduct until they actually do 23 hours ago
- Ubuntu File System Benchmarking
- Baofeng Packet Radio Adventures
- Politics – Things we can agree on, and discovering a method
- Antenna modeling, part 2
- Antenna modeling using nec2c on Ubuntu Linux
- I feel like I found an easter egg!
- Amateur radio operators: How to prepare to assist in disasters
- Crowdsourcing incentives, and applications for open source communities
- Would you like to help after the next disaster?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
No really? Have I abandoned this blog for that long? I’ve been posting updates on projects and such to g+, but that’s not very discoverable, so I think I’ll come back here and post about some longer-form topics.
Disclaimer: I’m going to start using Amazon affiliate links for books that I recommend. I’ve prepared another video about how to use xnec2c. Here’s the link to the video on blip.tv This one begins to explain the input file format … Continue reading
This is an open letter to all hams involved in disaster planning or recovery. Now that things have settled down a bit after the recent disaster in Madison county, those who participated are beginning to compare notes and stories, write … Continue reading
Quickly while I have network access, and mostly pasted from an email. Feel free to pass all this to any friends, family or coworkers. The area near us which had the most damage is called Anderson Hills, and the same … Continue reading
I changed domain registrars, and this resulted in a hiccup that I’ve now solved. The site was inaccessible for the last few days, but as soon as the DNS records propagate, everyone should be able to get here again.
The Second Cooler is an amazing film. I’ve been following the production sort of third hand, as I know someone working on the project. Martin Sheen and Microwave Dave? Good projects pull great people. If you are so moved, they could … Continue reading