- alabama amateur radio antitronics antitronics nycresistor makerbot arduino ares arrl Baofeng bjhs disaster documentary film earthquake emcomm flying monkey Gigapan hamradio ham radio immigration Japan linux maker MakerBot martin sheen nyc resistor planetubuntu red cross sdr softrock tornado ubuntu ubuntu-hams ubuntu-kernel ubuntu linux uds
- RT @asrivkin: We live in the future: here's @barbylon driving a Mars rover from a hotel bar after the close of #LPSC2017. https://t.co/BryP… 34 minutes ago
- RT @axios: The tech community was baffled by Steve Mnuchin's dismissal of the disruptive potential for AI. axios.com/tech-reacts-to… 59 minutes ago
- RT @GIFs: twitter.com/ToddDracula/st… https://t.co/hvJzN0nN1k 1 hour ago
- RT @feliciaday: This is mind boggling this thread. It's like an insane political thriller in real life. twitter.com/sethabramson/s… 3 hours ago
- The bigger story: If your ISP can sell your browsing history without permission, can they also provide it without warrants? 5 hours ago
- Ubuntu File System Benchmarking
- Baofeng Packet Radio Adventures
- Politics – Things we can agree on, and discovering a method
- Antenna modeling, part 2
- Antenna modeling using nec2c on Ubuntu Linux
- I feel like I found an easter egg!
- Amateur radio operators: How to prepare to assist in disasters
- Crowdsourcing incentives, and applications for open source communities
- Would you like to help after the next disaster?
Tag Archives: ubuntu-hams
New Thing! Video! I’ve been playing with antenna modeling, and decided to make a video series introducing this to other people who may be interested. I’m new to this, but I think it came out pretty well. I only misspoke … Continue reading
Note that this was rescheduled due to me being busy with disaster recovery. We can talk about that, too if anyone is interested. — Please join us on Friday, May 6th at 14:00 UTC for: Ubuntu and Amateur (Ham) Radio … Continue reading
I’m transitioning from the last week of disaster recovery back to my ‘normal’ working days, and wanted to dump a sort of record of events here before I forget. I have other posts planned, about how to prepare if you … Continue reading
Please join us on Tuesday, May 3rd at 16:00 UTC for: Ubuntu and Amateur (Ham) Radio for Ubuntu Open Week Steve Conklin AI4QR, and Kamal Mostafa KA6MAL Curious about what you can do with Amateur Radio and Ubuntu? Curious about … Continue reading
Continuing my exploration of SDR and the Softrock RX/TX Ensemble … You can catch the beginning of those posts here. The programmable oscillator on the softrock runs (in my case) at four times the desired mixer frequency. My unit is … Continue reading
At this point, since Ubuntu is beginning to look like a really viable alternative OS, the next big issue is whether it will support the ham radio applications that we want to run. Fortunately, the answer to this question is — yes it will.
At this point, since Ubuntu is beginning to look like a really viable alternative OS, the next big issue is whether it will support the ham radio applications that we want to run. Fortunately, the answer to this question is … Continue reading
My Ubuntu Hams badge. Some nerd bling just in time for hamfest.